About Software Engineering Department
The Department of Software Engineering exists for 55 years, though not always had this name. The department has over 50 highly qualified teachers, including 6 doctors of science, 12 professors, 27 associate professors, 33 candidates of science.
During its existence the department has trained more than 500 candidates and doctors of science.
Holds the Chair Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor Zoya V. Dudar, Member of Academic Council, Member of EMC, Member of STC, Candidate of Science (Technology), Professor.
The Department of Software Engineering trains students in three levels of higher education (121 speciality):
– Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering (educational program – Software Engineering);
– Master’s Degree in Software Engineering (educational programs – Software Engineering and Systems Software);
– and Ph.D. in Software Engineering.
Curricula are consistent with international standards for training programmers.
Three forms of education are used — full-time, part-time and distance.
Students have an ample opportunity for choosing various disciplines. Some subjects are taught in English in separately formed groups.
Starting from the 3rd year, students undergo practical training at the leading IT companies in Kharkiv and Ukraine. A cooperation agreement between the Department of Software Engineering of NURE and Global Logic, NIX Solutions, EPAM Systems and Sigma Software componies allowed to create software development laboratories at the Department.
We practiсe engaging leading experts of companies to the teaching of professionally-oriented disciplines and preparing senior students in the form of free optional classes from companies.
During studying, students improve their professional level, participate in seminars and clubs organized on the basis of scientific laboratories, laboratory “Programmer”(where students receive knowledge and skills in solving problems to prepare for different competitions), laboratory GameDev (where students are prepared to develop game projects) and participate in the project “IT Talents” (advanced studying of complex algorithms with their practical implementation in various IT areas).
Students of the software engineering department repeatedly won at Ukrainian and international programming competitions, honourably represented the department and the university at exhibitions, contests, conferences and forums.
International activity includes some programs:
– Double diploma (Master degree) between Software Engineering department and Linnaeus University, Vaxjo, Sweden.
– Summer and winter schools of programming for students at University of Economy, Bydgoszcz, Poland.
– Erasmus Mobility for students and staff at Angel Kanchev University of Ruse, Ruse, Bulgaria and at University of Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain.